140g of organic butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
120g of self-raising flour
100g of caster sugar
60g of Bug Farm Foods buffalo worm powder
40g of demerara sugar
2 free range eggs, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
A pinch of nutmeg
For the garnish:
50g of icing sugar
A handful of crushed walnuts and/or extra whole buffalo worms to garnish
How to do it:
1. Heat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas.
4. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
5. Mix the icing sugar with 2-3tsp of water to make a runny icing. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with some whole buffalo worms or crushed walnuts.