250g of pitted dates
100g of desiccated coconut
20g of Bug Farm Foods whole crickets
3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
15 drops of peppermint essence
How to do it:
1. Pop the dates in a large bowl or pan and cover with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the dates from the water and, using a food processor, blend into a paste. Blend until smooth, or leave a little bit of texture if you like.
3. Add the peppermint essence, cocoa powder, crickets and 60g of the desiccated coconut, then blend. It’s up to you how much you blend the mixture depending on how buggy you want your balls to look!
4. By hand roll into balls (roughly 5cm in diameter) and place on a baking tray.
5. Put the remaining 40g of desiccated coconut in a bowl and roll the balls in it, coating them fully. Refrigerate and enjoy after at least 1 hr of chilling!